Final Reflection

by

  1. During this class, I've written "I am. . ." poems, which I wrote twice in this class--one about me and another about the migrant worker. We've also done a lot of free writing to reflect about our dreams, memories, and experiences. We've taken each other's work and a few famous author/song-writers' pieces and made them our own, such as work from e.e. cummings, Ralph Ellison, and Ernest Hemingway. We did a lot of poetry, such as free verse (which I enjoyed), Biopoems, and Haikus/Tankas. We wrote in our journals and blogs about our own opinions, reflections, and experiences about different subjects during class, as well, and it inspired a lot of my work.
  2. I've read many pieces of my tablemate's work and I find that they're all really different from each other. For example, when I read a lot of Parker's free writing, they're usually very dark and deep, but a lot of his answers to questions are really sarcastic, and it shows two sides of him. Cat and Sammi's work are similar to Parker's (except they don't do as many sarcastic posts) and they're very deep and meaningful. Sean's work (which I've read a few that he decided to not post) is relatable and attention-grabbing, and they remind me of a start to a good book.
  3. I came up with the name for my blog just because I'm Asian, and it's the most fitting title I could possibly put. A few of my close friends call me "Ling Ling," and also there's a song called "Ching Chong, Ling Long" that was made to make fun of a girl who complained about Asians at the UCLA library, haha. It goes, "Ching Chong, it means I love you. Ling Long, I really want you. Ting Tong, I don't actually know what that means." Anyway, I know a lot of my tablemate's read my blog and I let a few of my really close friends read my posts. I will most likely not use this blog in the future because I have my own blog. I know that I'll look back on it in the future, and I'm kind-of proud of some of the things I've posted on my blog!
  4. A lot of random things are in my journal. . . I never wrote in it outside of class, and the one time I did, I wrote about the guys that annoy me in College Algebra. Most of the things I write in my journal, I've posted on my blog, like my poetry, free-writing, etc.. I'm a really OCD person and if I don't like something I've written in my journal or can't find the write words to say, I've probably trashed it or left what I was writing hanging. I'm more inspired when I type and maybe it's the satisfaction of hearing the keyboard clicking, haha. I have my I Cant Sleep Journal at home that I write in before I sleep because that's around the time I have the most things on my mind. I generally write a lot of things that are bothering me or I have a lot of emotions for in that journal. I also have Moleskines that I can write/draw more of my inspirational thoughts and ideas that I have.
  5. Entry from Journal: Just Some Thoughts"     I've been dreaming of traveling a lot lately and I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's because I'm continuously meeting people who have recently traveled somewhere new or are from a different country, or if I just want to get away from this small town. I have big city dreams and I want to meet new, inspiring people, but at the same time, I want everyone I love to come along with me, as well. Aren't most people scared of ending up alone?
         It's comforting to know that somewhere in the world, a plain is leaving. It's easy to pick up our stuff and leave if we have the courage and money. My biggest push to go to new places are:
    1. Photography
    2. Food!
         Those were the two main reasons of my Japan trip that I loved most and made it most memorable. Maybe I should add meeting new people too. I want to venture off but not leave the people I love at the same time."
  6. Favorite that I've written:
    "Possibly the cutest FOB you'd ever meet--as others have told me. She's that stereotypical Asian you all have heard about, and if you don't believe me, let me give you some points:
    • Mama Le owns a nail salon.
    • Makes the best, jamazin' fried rice and eggrolls.
    • Enjoys singing karaoke with her friends.
    • She expects me to have good grades.
    • Mama Le is cheap; she loves bargaining with people.
    • She got my car $8,000 less than its original price.
    • Speaking of cars, she's the worst driver I've ever encountered.
    • I'm so sorry if you see a little, Asian lady in a Black Lexus.
    • She's most likely crashing into your lane.
    • I'm sorry.
Lastly, My Biggest Point:
Mama Le Speaks Engrish."
  • I plan on doing more professional writing in the future, but I do love writing creatively. It gives my mind a break from all of the school work and it inspires a lot of my art. It's much more different than what I do in my daily life; it's almost like writing in a different language because I put more thoughts into the words I write than I do in writing something... like this...
  • You're jamazin', Mrs. Fraser & Ms. Ferkel! I'm excited for Film as Lit. My tablemates, continue being awesome and continue to creatively write! :D